Do you want to stay in Thailand for a longer period?
Student visas in Phuket
Learn how to get a retirement visa and stay in Thailand for a year
Allows you to live in Thailand for 1 year
Possible visa extension without leaving Thailand
You can leave the country and return back by issuing a re-entery
Quick and simple visa processing
Specifics of obtaining a retirement visa and requirements for candidates
- Age over 50 years old
- First, a visa must be issued at the embassy in your country of citizenship for 90 days, and then extended at the immigration office for 1 year
- A valid Thai bank account with a minimum balance of 800,000 THB ($26,000) is required
How is the visa process? Retirement visa!
- International passport, which will be valid for another 6 months after entering Thailand.
- Two photographs 4x6 cm in size on a white background (taken at school);
- Two indoor photos, also taken at the school;
- An open account with Bangkok Bank or Krungsri Bank. The minimum account balance is 800,000 baht (equivalent to $26,000).
- If there is no required amount, no problem. We will help resolve this issue.
The price of retirement visas at IQ School
The cost of any visa includes consultation, verification of documents and filling out applications, submission of documents to the Phuket immigration office and delivery of a passport with a visa.
15 month: 45 000 THB
re-application for 12 month: 33 000 THB
Retirement visa restrictions
Each type of visa has certain restrictions that you need to be aware of. A retirement visa has only one such restriction - it does not give the right to work in Thailand.
For official employment in Thailand, you need a work permit. We can help you obtain a permit as part of a business visa
Frequently Asked Questions
Visa processing after signing the contract takes 20 days
- Foreign passport with a validity period of 1 year
- Waist deep photo on a light background
- Bank statement of at least 800,000 baht
- Departure Card (Form TM6)